Our client, a well-established company headquartered in the Greater Houston area, currently has an opportunity for a motivated individual to join their company as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). In this role, you will provide strategic direction for the CEO, supervise the accounting department and Controller, and serve as a mentor to others in the firm. We are seeking a CFO that will help grow the company, manage the budgets and forecasts, and improve accounting department inefficiencies. A successful candidate would have the highest ethical standards and treats all matters with strict confidence. The candidate must also like to mentor others.
Position duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversight of the accounting department and Controller
- Forecasting (Cash Flow, Income Statement, 13 Week Cash Flow)
- Potentially supervise the HR department and other departments
- Improving accounting department inefficiencies
- Developing budgeting process
- Working with external regulatory auditors and potentially financial auditors
- Preparing reports (Month end financials, management discussion & analysis, etc.)
- Interacting with all internal departments
The requirements include the following:
- At least 4 years as a Controller OR at least 2 years as a CFO
- Accounting Degree
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Good GAAP technical abilities
- Understand work in process and percentage of completion accounting
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent understanding of income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement
- Good understanding of internal controls
- Improving accounting process
- Highly ethical
- Professional presentation
Compensation includes $175,000 per year base salary, a bonus plan, health insurance, a 401K, ESOP, and opportunities for professional development.
Our client is a respected engineering firm with over 220 employees headquartered in Houston, with offices around Texas. This privately-held company has been around for 45 years. During that time, they have built a reputation of investing in their employees, producing quality work, and working with the utmost integrity. If you are seeking a professional environment where you exercise your executive management qualities, then please click below to apply online.
Candidates will be subject to screening to include, credit checks, criminal background check and references.
Our client would like to interview candidates as soon as possible and hire the right person immediately.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.